Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 48. Really?


Really? I have to admit I have not gone NEAR my scale in a long time. I am afraid to. I keep having dreams that I have gained all my weight back or that I have been cheating on my diet.

I had a massive cataclysmic meltdown on Friday night about what I believe to be my lack of progress. I cannot deny that I am a number girl and I absolutely need to see a huge number difference to avoid meltdowns.

I am going to have to agree to weigh myself by Tuesday morning at the latest. if there is no change or even a gain then I am going to have to take some extra measures. First: No more alcohol. Originally I said I would have maybe one glass a week and I am back to one a day. Secondly, I am unfortunately going to have to get really AR about staying on plan. Shakes and salads. I either want to see drastic change or I am willing to wait the long haul on this. I can't do both.

I have been awful at writing things down. I think on my splurge days I have been around 1500 calories. On my good days, I am between 800 and 1200. I have been awful about water again.

I have to just admit that i feel like an utter failure. I really really want to see a 30 pound loss before my East Coast trip and I am terrified I won't. When I say terrified... I am not exaggerating. I have to be willing to be more drastic if a number is this important to me.

So I am posting a picture taken on Friday evening after having my hair done. Do you see a difference? Be honest. NOT from the uber awful day one picture that never really looked like me... but the others. I have a boyfriend who loves my body the way it is and I cannot go by his opinion. I wear the same baggyish body concealing clothing and people just cannot tell in real life so far.

I really really need encouragement. Shouting out to you all. PLEASE send me some inspiration and encouragement.

Thank you,

Sheri

2 comments:

  1. Sheri my gorgeous, kind, loving, beautiful cousin! Hang in there, this is just a small plateau!! You can do it!! You look fantastic and remember, the quicker weight comes off, the quicker it comes back so hang in!!! You are so strong mentally and physically, don't let the numbers get you down. Love you and can't wait to see you!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic hair, hon! Sorry I've not been on in some time, life is just too busy. You will see results with your body reshaping if you hang in there. The scale is just one measure of success. Keep it up, girl!
    (PS you are doing better than me, we started about the same time. I've shed 20 but am not disappointed at all, just relieved.)

    ReplyDelete