Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crap.. we are in March. Now I need to keep track of which day I am on... DAY 30

It was so easy in February since I started on February first!

I had a really low calorie day yesterday.. not necessarily on purpose.. I just wasn't very hungry.. I had a lot of nervous energy and my stomach was a little upset with just junk. Today I am FAMISHED. I am trying hard to reign it in but even after eating lunch I am really really hungry for real food, not just more shakes or a meal replacement bar etc. I am contemplating eating a second lean cuisine for about 220 calories because honestly I am probably going to end up eating it in shakes and other things trying to sate my hunger anyhow. May as well eat it in real food (so to speak).

I am beginning to be able to feel a real difference. My middle is much smaller and my face is beginning to look more like... me. Josh said he now can see a difference.

As for health.. I am definitely beginning to feel different. I had begun having these apnea like occurrences in my sleep where my throat would close off and I would give out a big snore. That was an enormous wake up call for me. Having lost the recent weight, this has gone away.

My motto has been to “plan to succeed”… I always have a plan to get thru any event etc. I am keeping it very simple. When I eat more spontaneously like dinner at a friend’s house, I have some elbow room to eat extra because I have been so overly cautious the rest of the time as long as I am eating things that are within my plan.

This isn’t forever. Eventually I will get to a more maintenance phase where I can eat more liberally and aim to maintain the weight. I might take a break at a certain point and maintain before jumping into the next phase. That break won’t be until at least 130 though, so I am a way's off.

I think I might weigh again tomorrow but I am afraid to. I hold onto this NUMBER... "11 pounds lost" like the holy grail... and I am terrified that the next time it will show a gain. I hate the way the scale has that kind of emotional power over me (and most people I know). When I did Weight Watchers, I weighed once a week, the day of the meeting, and that was it. That is what they encouraged back then.

So right now the question is.. what to do with this raging hunger? Do I sit it out for 30 minutes and see if I feel any different then? If not then eat..? I have some diet hot cocoa.. maybe that might take the edge off.

Have I mentioned where I am buying my supplies from? I am ordering from a company called Diet Direct and the brand name of the meal replacements I am using is Wonder Slim. If you order 79.99 you get free shipping. If you order 99.99, you get a free blender bottle that has the round wire whisk in it great for mixing up the shakes. I have done atkins shakes, some other low carb brand I can't remember (a few initials), some brand I got at Costco also low carb hi protein.. I have to say these shakes are the absolute best. And they are only 100 calories each. I was worried that just water and powder would make for a bland shake, but it has an almost unset pudding like taste to it (in fact, if you use 4 ounces of water instead of 8, you can make it into a pudding instead). I did buy some personal blenders so that I can keep one at work and make it into a real milkshake, but I haven't tried that yet. I HAVE however filled my bottle with ice and then enough water to reach the 8 ounces and the powder and that has a really really nice effect. My biggest complaint is the lack of variety of flavors. I have basically been subsisting on mocha, chocolate, chocomint, and strawberry yogurt. I have a plan though.. I would like to look into buying some high quality flavorings.. maybe from watkins or such.. and making my own flavors. If you are one who needs things sweeter, then you can use the DaVinci splenda sweetened syrups for lattes.

I bought some meal replacement bars and they are a nice option for when you really need to chew something or are on the go. I got some soups and also some low cal snacks (salt and vinegar chips I have tried so far). What is different about these products instead of ordinary diet foods at the grocery store is that these are all high in protein. What I hate most about diet foods is that they have no nutritional value at all and they leave me feeling very unsatisfied. I had a 1.2 ounce bag of sea salt and vinegar protein chips for 130 calories and 10 grams of protein. That is as much protein as was in my lean cuisine today. Many of these products are designed for people who have had bariatric surgery and cannot eat a large volume of food but every bite counts nutritionally. I like that.

I have a wish that I would like to create my own portion controlled frozen meals that are made with, not white flour and rice etc, but brown rice, whole grain pastas etc. The key is to keep them portion controlled, packaged, and labeled for easy grabbing. I know I can do it. I know i can make it taste WAY better than it does. and i would use at least twice the vegetables.

Today i had cheese ravioli and put a packet of taco bell sauce on it and it tasted like an enchilada. Not bad :)

One last thing.. if the idea of spending 99.99 at Diet Direct freaks you out, the way I see it is.. I used to eat out at lunch around 2 times a week and sometimes more. That alone adds up to at least $60 a month. My frozen dinners cost around $2 apiece which is also far less than anything I would eat out. And to me, to feel prepared is worth it. I feel in control and I am not afraid I am going to be caught without what I need. The Wonderslim shakes come to about 1.57 each while atkins shakes cost about 1.50 each but are 160 calories each. Give this a try.. you will be surprised how much better and more filling they are.

That's all for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment