Tuesday, April 3, 2012

5 pounds is a start

I have been at this for 11 days. I saw a 5 pound drop in three days, but I viewed it skeptically. This isn't my first rodeo. Today, 11 days from the start, I am showing a 5.4 pound loss. I got weighed at the doctor's office today and I was able to compare it against the last time I was weighed there. 4.6 pound difference clothed and after lunch.

I am doing a low carb plan.. that seems to work the best for me. I am not doing atkins and I am not doing dukan. I am trying to take what I like about both and make it fit my life. Atkins was too much calories and fat (eat all the bacon you want!) and Dukan was too few vegetables (only every other day after 1 week with nothing but protein. That is not sustainable for me).

When i am dying for something sweet, I make one of my protein shakes I have talked endlessly about (they now come in aspertame-free).. and when I need something rich, I might add half and half instead of water or low calorie/low carb/low fat coconut milk.

I have thrown a half frozen banana or a few frozen tart cherries in there. I think both low carb plans disallow any fruit. If i stop losing, I will be more careful. As it is, I have done that maybe three times. It is hard to imagine a few cherries stalling weight loss.

I am also not doing the oat bran (Dukan) because it is relatively low in fiber and I would rather get my fiber from leafy greens and other veggies.

My health has not been good lately. I have had some serious pain and fatigue issues. I am trying to walk to the organic local grocery store at least twice a week at lunch time (about a 15-20 minute round trip walk) and hoping i will be able to tolerate exercise without sapping my body of energy.

No ra ra ra from me at this point. How many different diet plans have i started in the last year?? When I hit a 20 pound loss, I will become ecstatic and hope filled. I am SO tired of being at this weight. I am looking forward to seeing the real me again.

1 comment:

  1. Sheri you are brave for posting this for the world. You are being sensible. Listen to yourself, you have enough wisdom for your journey. I know you do.

    I too struggle with my weight and while I have so much more to lose than you, I am journeying none the less. I have taken to Weight Watchers. I like their web site and while I think after awhile I will switch to myfitnessplan.com because it's free, I am sticking with it for the accountability for now. Their current plan is amazing. Most fruits and vegetables are zero points, so when I've used up all my points, I can still eat...it may not be my first choice but I can still eat without going over.

    Anyway. Thought I'd share, since you are so adept at that. And PS: I love your hair color!!!!

    ReplyDelete