Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 11

Welcome to the morning of Day 11. I weighed myself this am and was down over 2.5 pounds since Day 7 and am now at 166.4. Body fat percentage did not change. If I am using my mammogram weight as a genuine starting point, then I have lost 8.1 pounds since I began all of this.

Today is casual friday and my official "How do my jeans fit me this week?" test. Before I embarked on this, my new fat jeans (not sure where they came from.. but they are a size 36 waist Levis) technically fit but left an angry red slash across my tummy with the distinct outline of the snap etc in red. I buckled and went to St. Vincent de Paul and bought a pair of genuine fat jeans.. ones that were deliberately too big for me just so that I had a pair of jeans I could button up and not be in pain. I think those might be a size 16. I haven't technically worn them, but they were there if I wanted.

Last Friday I was able to wear my current fat jeans all day without discomfort until the very end of the day where i felt a slight pinchy feeling in the waist. Today, they feel slightly loose around the waist.

Yesterday my goal was WATER. I haven't been drinking my quota and i focused on getting at least 80 ounces of water in. I drank 96 ounces by the time I left work at 6.

I tried to eat dinner at 7 pm, but I just wasn't hungry for it. I took a few bites and then put it away.

I want to continue with my water goal. It is a conscious effort. I am one of the lucky ones who really likes water.. it is my beverage of choice aside from the amazing strong cup of coffee I allow myself several times a week and my penchant for a fine glass of wine or two.. or a rich microbrew.. or a good single malt scotch, or... OK you get it. I have chosen to pretty much stop drinking alcohol during this part of weight loss because i simply can't justify the calories and I have read that alcohol impedes fat loss. I will allow myself a drink or two here and there as I plan for it.

My other goal is exercise. I really really have to work on that one.. getting into a routine and habit is a challenge for me in the beginning. I wanted to have at least three episodes of activity no matter how small each week. Last week I met my goal, this week I have not. I could possibly walk to my noon appointment and justify it by making the deposit on my way there... I have a gym date for today after work with my tall-gorgeous-skinny-blonde-friend-who-thinks-she-needs-to-lose-weight.

One way I make my water easier going down is by putting wedges of lemons and limes and slices of cucumber in my water jug (I am using a Peace Health plastic jug/mug with a handle for those of you that are local) mainly because it holds 24 ounces and has a removable lid so i can add citrus or ice to it. Otherwise I just keep filling up water bottles with tap water.

Yesterday I ordered an internal cleanse product that is celery based. It is a powder you mix into warm liquid and drink twice a day. I read that the average person carries 5-20 pounds of fecal matter in their body they are not eliminating. That is insanely gross and unhealthy. This source also claimed that Elvis Presley was found to have 60 pounds of waste in his body during his autopsy. Yeah.. let's get that $h!t right outta here.

Regarding water weight loss.. I have been thinking of this and how people scoff at times "oh.. that was just water loss, not fat". So? I don't want to retain water my body doesn't need and feel puffy and bloated. I am happy to rid myself of any weight at all even if it is water or stored old fecal material. Case in point, this morning I was able to slip my rings on my middle finger with ease instead of needing to start off the day with rings on "ring fingers" and later on transfer them to the middle. That shows me I am retaining less water which is GOOD.

I have to say that the eating part of this diet has been fairly effortless for me. I am sure it will get harder as i get really really sick of shakes, but the catalogue that came with the shakes listed all kinds of other high protein low calorie alternatives like bars, hot drinks, snack foods etc. Ultimately I will try to stock up on a variety of options for those times I cannot bear to have yet one more shake.

Between WW Smart ones, Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine etc.. there are so many choices for frozen low calorie meals that I haven't grown bored yet. They are teensy with little volume (and flavor..), but I can always add in fresh or frozen vegetables to stretch it out if needed.

Well that's all I have for now. It was nice to see a scale drop on the bad evil nasty "week before". Instead of feeling angry I didn't see a ten pound drop, I am happy to see a drop at all. One step at a time. One pound at a time. It's all progress.

3 comments:

  1. That is so great! I am excited for you and inspired by you! I am glad to hear the shakes are tasty. I am not a milky shaky kinda person. I like fruity/smoothy better. As far as the frozen meals go, I love the Lean Cuisine garlic artichoke brick oven pizza and the paninis. I also like lean pockets in the chicken dijon and chicken garlic artichoke. Can you tell I have a think for garlic and artichokes? Yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK.... I Want the celery cleanse. I am a HUGE fan of cleanses. I do them a few times a year. I even tried the master cleanse but i think i became mildly schizophrenic on it. 60 lbs of sh@t??? Is that really possible!? Wow. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let you know how the celery cleanse goes. I have tried the master cleanse during a water and juice fast. I haven't tried it long term. I have a friend who swears by colonics. I am a bit intimidated by this but I might brave it..

    ReplyDelete