Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 22: I am sick - not weak from hunger

Well that is a relief. My sore neck turned into sore throat glands, sore throat, body aches and exhaustion. What I assumed was weakness from low calories is just this nasty bug that won't go away.

Today i feel worse. It is a very very busy week at work and I cannot go home until I get the invoices into the mail and the beanbag is being used right now at lunch. Note to self: Buy my own beanbag for lunch naps! A fuzzy happy one.

This morning I weighed in at 164.2. That means a pound lost since day 15. One pound in a week. JOY. Or I could be the same as i was ten pounds ago.

Since I am not feeling well, I am just not hungry. I have had ONE shake so far and have a lean cuisine in the micro right now. Today will likely be a low calorie day simply because BLA!!!

I am eager to get my billing finished and maybe go home early and jump headfirst into a cozy bed... except my son has a strings concert tonight that I cannot miss.

Nothing prolific to say. Just needed to post the weight and clarify the weakness thing.

I have enjoyed SO MUCH getting the comments and emails from everyone. I agree with Karen that this is a lifelong choice. How I am choosing to take the weight off might not be a long term choice, but eating healthy and viewing certain foods as occasional treats rather than "regulars" is a lifetime choice.

I hope you all are staying healthy and rested. This is one persistant bug going around.



3 comments:

  1. There is something comical about feeling relieved to be sick, as opposed to hungry. LOL. Take care and hope you shake it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work, and watch out for the "appetite rebound" after you get well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commend your resolution and sharing of it. Every time I even think about my weight and losing some, I add 5 pounds. I will have to learn some really tricky psychological tricks to do better than just hold my ground. Don't forget to congratulate yourself for the pounds you avoided adding in addition to the ones you lose.

    ReplyDelete