Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day Three Postscript: Motivational Tushy slap.

I had a dialogue with a very dear friend about our frustration with having to work so hard at weight loss when so many others can "get away with" so much and not gain, or try less hard and lose easier. The following was my (edited) reply. I hope it serves to exemplify where my mindset is and I hope it inspires you as well. And speaking of inspiration, I had a very exhilarating 35 minute brisk walk today with my darling at lunch and I feel fantastic. I remember why I was so hooked on working out... it's all coming back to me...



OK... This is my ledge talk.

It isn't fair. It isn't just. I hate that, being genetically predisposed toward certain body traits no matter what I do, combined with being 4'10", i have to ALWAYS work a thousand times harder than anyone else I know to lose weight.

I have spent the last four years or so feeling really angry about that, justifying my weight gain, and whining about how I look. I am now officially more sick of how i look/feel than i am of how unfair it is to have to work so hard.

So now, I am biting my tongue and going at it 1000% and realize that, to get where I want to go will require more fortitude and character and inner resolve than most people have and, if only a handful of people on earth recognize how hard i had to work to get there, so be it. I will know and I plan to get there.

This isn't about being "hot" or desirable to others (well.. maybe a little for Josh..). This is about being a good steward of my body, living by good choices and not by my whims and desires, and teaching my kids and others about good health and having a strong healthy body that will survive as long as my days are ordained for me. Nothing fits.. I am uncomfortable and my body is beginning to unravel system by system. I mean.. I tore my rotator cuff in my SLEEP (a year ago). I bend over to do something and my air supply is cut off. I won't live this way.

Now it is time to reevaluate where you want to be and why and get on the plan you know has worked for you in the past (or find one you think might work for you now) and set reasonable goals for yourself. I have allowed myself treats and exemptions for the last 4 years and i am carrying each of those choices on my body right now. No slice of gourmet dessert or glass of wine is worth it to me anymore. I am sick of how I feel and look and I want my boyfriend and children to be proud of me.

Now get off your tuchus and get with the program so you can be pleased with yourself.

We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment